The Propane Energy Pod is a model for new-home construction that merges five applications of propane — space heating, water heating, cooking, fireplaces, and clothes drying — into an integrated, whole-home energy package.
The Propane Energy Pod is a home energy package that delivers superior comfort and efficiency compared with all-electric homes. Using high-efficiency propane gas appliances for major applications provides optimal energy performance unmatched by electric alternatives. For a competitive advantage in home performance, comfort, and efficiency, build your propane homes with these five applications.
- Space Heating. Cost-efficient heating with a more comfortable and consistent warmth.
- Water Heating. Faster hot water with up to 50 percent cost savings compared with electric options.
- Cooking. The joy and control of cooking with gas, just like the professionals do.
- Clothes Drying. Faster drying for up to 20 percent reduced energy use.
- Fireplaces. Significantly warmer and more energy efficient than electric or wood fireplaces.
A Pennsylvania builder uses Propane Energy Pod principles to increase the energy efficiency of his projects.
The Propane Energy Pod Builder Incentive Program
The Propane Education & Research Council will pay you up to $1,500 per house when you include the Propane Energy Pod in new construction projects. Visit the Propane Energy Pod Builder Incentive Program page to see if you qualify, and apply online.
Learn More about the Propane Energy Pod
See how the Propane Energy Pod stacks up against a typical home in your area with the Propane Energy Pod interactive tool.