Propane fuels a wide range of outdoor living amenities, turning backyards into outdoor rooms and providing attractive hospitality destinations.
No longer just a deck and a floodlight, a comfortable and fully functional outdoor living area today includes an array of kitchen appliances, pools and spas, sophisticated lighting, and radiant heat, including:
- Grills. Push-button ignition makes grilling easy. And propane grills are 105 times more environmentally friendly than charcoal grills, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Cooktops, ovens, and other kitchen appliances. Propane can help you create a luxury, state-of-the-art kitchen outdoors.
- Hearth. Environmentally friendly, weatherproof propane hearths allow homeowners to enjoy the great outdoors year round.
- Patio heaters. Providing up to a 20-foot radius of heat, a standing or portable propane heater can raise the outdoor air temperature as much as 30 degrees.
- Pool and spa heaters. Propane pool and spa heaters, which range in size from 5,000 Btu/hr for a spa or hot tub to 400,000 Btu/hr for a full-size swimming pool, bring the water to the desired temperature more quickly than an electric heater.
- Generators. An outdoor generator is more durable and environmentally friendly than gas models. They're also quiet. Many produce less than 60 decibels — as quiet as a normal conversation.
- Lighting. Propane lighting, which is available in portable and post-mounted styles, combines old-world charm with modern energy efficiency.
Watch a video of how propane heating and lighting solutions bring efficiency and flair to outdoor living spaces.
To see all the ways propane can enable a high-performance home both indoors and outdoors, tour our interactive Virtual Home.