2014 JLC LIVE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION SHOW SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 AND OLDER, WHO ARE CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONALS FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE SHOW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sweepstakes Time Period: The 2014 JLC Live Residential Construction Show Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on March 21, 2014, and ends at 2 p.m. EDT on March 22, 2014 (such period, the "Sweepstakes Period").
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the Propane Innovation Pavilion (booth #436) at the 2014 JLC Live Residential Construction Show in Providence, Rhode Island, and complete and deposit the entry form into the entry box. Entries will be accepted during the Sweepstakes Period only, and must be received no later than 2 p.m. EDT on March 22, 2014. Limit one (1) entry per person. Mechanically reproduced entries, alterations, facsimiles, or forged entries will not be honored. Any form of entry other than the one described herein is void. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Propane Education & Research Council ("Sponsor") and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any person to return entry forms to Sweepstakes headquarters in a timely fashion.
- Eligibility: Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are construction professionals fully registered for the 2014 JLC Live Residential Construction Show, at least 18 years of age at time of entry, and have reached the age of majority in their home state as of March 21, 2014. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, and manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and/or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors, are not eligible to enter. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Random Drawings/Odds: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by 4 p.m. EDT on March 21, 2014. In addition, one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by 2 p.m. EDT on March 22, 2014.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each of the drawings. Drawings will be conducted by a Propane Education & Research Council representative at approximately 4 p.m. EDT on March 21, 2014, and at
2 p.m. EDT on March 22, 2014. When entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prizes are available to be won. Each winner will receive a Rinnai FC510 Vent-Free Fan Convector Heater. The FC510 is valued at $850 each. Total value of all prizes is $1,700. Limit one prize per person or household. Prizes are not transferable, and no cash or other substitution of a prize is permitted in whole or in part except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Assembly is the responsibility of the winner. Accessories, venting, and any installation costs are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must comply with all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Should winner refuse the prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to any of the prizes. Winner must comply with all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, including, but not limited to applicable state emissions laws, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
- Winner Notification: Winner will be notified in person at the 2014 JLC Live Residential Construction Show or by telephone and/or electronic mail on or about April 12, 2014, and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance & Publicity/Liability Release within a specified time period. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, fails to return the Affidavit, or is found to be in noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Consumer Disclosure/Award Rules: In the event of inadvertent errors in the structure or printing of materials used in connection with this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, without prior notification and with immediate effect. In any such event, prize may be awarded based on entries received prior to date of termination or amendment.
- General Conditions: All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor; its advertising and promotion agencies; and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (the "Released Parties") from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, and merchandise delivery. Entrants agree further that in the event of any third-party claims, damages, losses, or injuries, arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes arising from your entry, participation, or acceptance of any prize, you indemnify the Released Parties from any and all such claims, including attorneys' fees related thereto. Sponsor is not responsible and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend this Sweepstakes if Sweepstakes (in Sponsor's sole discretion) cannot take place properly or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions caused by acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, nonauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or who attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes will be governed by Washington, D.C., law. By entering, participating, or accepting any prize in this Sweepstakes, you agree that California courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes and that venue will be only in Washington, D.C.
- Winner: To obtain winner names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 12, 2014, but before June 28, 2014, to: 2014 JLC Live Residential Construction Show, c/o Simon Hyoun, One Thomas Circle NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
- Sponsor: Propane Education & Research Council, 1140 Connecticut Ave., NW, Suite 1075, Washington, DC 20036.